Who I Am

As an introduction, I thought I should introduce a little bit about myself.

Currently, I am waiting to be posted to a secondary school located in Malaysia. I had requested to be in Perak (because that's where I'm from). For the time being (actually, I have been waiting since May) I try to look for temporary or part time jobs (so far, I have managed to work for a month at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman as an examination assistant for a month and later in December I'll be working at a tuition centre located somewhere in Seri Kembangan). When I don't have a job or anything to do, I turn to my eldest sister, who is an English teacher at a school in Sepang. I usually help her out with maintenance work in the ICT room at the school (format the computers, count the items, arranging and cleaning up the room, etc.) and if I'm lucky I get to teach classes (English or ICT) and earn a bit of pocket money (^_^).

As for my educational background, here is the list of institutions I've been to:
93 - 94 - Medan International School, Medan, Indonesia
94 - 97 - SRK St Bernadette's Convent, Batu Gajah, Perak, Malaysia
1997 - SRK Convent, Teluk Intan, Perak
98 - 00 - MRSM PDRM, Kulim, Kedah
01 - 02 - MRSM Taiping, Perak
03 - 09 - B. Ed TESL Link Programme (Institut Perguruan Bahasa-Bahasa Antarabangsa, Kuala Lumpur with University of Auckland, New Zealand)

Somehow, I have come to believe that because I have been to several learning institutions, I should use my experience as a student in these various places to help me become a better teacher in the future. So far, my experiences has already helped me to form ideas on how to carry out my job as effectively as I can. However, I do realise that I should also discuss my ideas with other teachers who are more experienced in order to come up with the best solution to my classroom problems. Thus, I hope this blog would provide me with the opportunity to discuss my teaching and learning experiences not only with teachers in Malaysia, but also with teachers from other parts of the world.

 

0 comments:


About Me

My photo
~ an English teacher, an eager learner and still figuring out what it really means to be a TEACHER


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers